General Rules and Information
All divisions follow FIFA rules with some exceptions in the divisions to maintain the instructional nature of the recreational program. Division coordinators send out season-by-season divisional changes.
- General Information
- 9 v 9 (8 + GK)
- Two 24 minute halves; no extra-time
- Coaches are not allowed on the field unless invited on by the referee to assist a player
- Offside calls will start to be made halfway through the season.
Until then, offside calls will only be considered
if a player stays by the goal with no one around (cherry-picking),
the coach had already been warned, and the player becomes involved in the play.
And also, that the referee considered it needed to be called.
- All fouls are awarded indirect kicks; no penalty kicks or direct kicks
- No slide tackles or heading (drop ball for unintentional contact,
indirect kick awarded for intentional contact)
- Substitutions can occur on any kick-off, goal kick or throw-in,
at the discretion of the referee.
No substitution on corner kicks or free kicks.
- No loss of possession on a 1st bad throw-in.
After 2nd bad throw-in, possession will go to the other team.
- An injured player does not have to leave the field unless bleeding
or if a coach comes onto the field. If a substitute replaces an injured player,
the other team may also substitute a single player (i.e., one-for-one).
- Cards are not issued for dangerous play and inappropriate conduct
but coaches will be requested to substitute players to address instances
- Size 4 Ball
- No playoffs
- JR Geld email@example.com