For weather and field information call the Freedom Area Rec Council Hotline at
(410) 549-6296, Option 5.
Call the Freedom Area Rec Council hotline at (410) 549-6296, Option 5 to check on field availability. On weekdays the message is updated by 3pm.
Approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the activity, temperature and heat index reading should be taken at the site or from www.weather.com or a comparable source. The following are recommended guidelines for coaches, program leaders and volunteers to follow with regards to Department sponsored youth activities:
- Heat Index: 80-89 – Use caution; monitor athletes carefully for necessary action.
- Heat Index: 90-104 – Use extreme caution; remove helmets and other equipment if not involved in contact.
- Heat Index: 105-129 – Alter uniforms by removing items where feasible; practice should be shortened with low intensity & limited conditioning.
- Heat Index: 130 & above – NO practices or games. Activities should be rescheduled for early/late in the day or an alternate date when the heat index is lower.
Thunder and Lightning
At the first sound of Thunder or the first sighting of Lightning – All outdoor recreation council activities are to be stopped and the participants must clear the fields to a protected area and wait 30 minutes before activities can resume. Any additional occurrence restarts the 30 minute count until activities can resume. You can read the official policy at County Heat, Thunder and Lightening Policy.
Visit www.gotspiritwear.com and click on the Shop link in the upper right hand corner and select Freedom Optimist.
Spirit wear is great for upcoming holidays gifts. Maybe you really like your coach and want to get them something special. Show your Freedom Optimist Soccer Pride!
All proceeds will directly support the Freedom Optimist Soccer program.
Thank you for your support!
If you are volunteering in our program as a Coach, Assistant Coach or Team Parent you must register as a volunteer. Make sure you register yourself at https://farc.siplay.com and select the Volunteer option. There is no cost to register.
Details about volunteer registration can be found in the attachment Volunteer Registration Information.
- All volunteers are required to abide by Carroll County Department of Recreation and Parks Code of Conduct
- Volunteering is a privilege, not a right; volunteers serve at will and may be released at any time
- All volunteers serving youth must be credentialed and wear their volunteer ID badge at the time of service
- $3.00 replacement fee for volunteer ID badges
Volunteers 18 and older must complete the Carroll County background check. Carroll County Department of Recreation and Parks requires background checks for all Board Members, Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Team Parents involved in youth sports who are 18 and over. There is no cost to any volunteer for the background check.
For volunteers younger than 18, a legal guardian must complete the Minor Consent Volunteer Waiver Form.
The instructions to complete the background check can be found in the attachment Carroll County Background Check Requirements (PDF).
Or to start your background check, go to Carroll County’s custom application online submitting portal at https://ssci2000.secure-screening.net/escreening/OApp_LoginEntrance.asp?mode=direct&code=450500.
Once the check has been initiated, please forward a picture with name, position, group (Freedom Soccer)
and council information (Freedom Area Rec Council) in the body of the email to email@example.com. Please note in the subject line Freedom Rec Background ID Picture.