Freedom Optimist Soccer is partnering with the Freedom District Lions Club to support their Toys for Pediatric Cancer Project. We are collecting toys and financial donations on Saturday 10/21/2023, Saturday 10/28/2023, and Saturday 11/4/2023 at the Freedom Park Snack Shack from 9:00am – 3:00pm during games. All toys collected will be given to Sinai Hospital for use in their Pediatric Cancer unit. Their “wish list” is below.
We are doing this in memory of a child from our community. Grayson was diagnosed with a cancer called NeuroBlastoma on September 7th, 2022. Grayson fought hard for eight whole months. Grayson went to heaven and is now cancer-free and pain-free on March 11, 2023.
TOY LIST FOR PEDIATRIC CANCER CHILDREN AT SINAI HOSPITAL
- Rattles (PBA FREE) & all-silicone chewing toys
- WubbaNub pacifiers
- Nail polish gift sets
- Adult coloring books & colored pencils
- Earbuds, headphones & speakers – Bluetooth
- Small Lego sets
- Fisher Price play sets and Little People (small sets)
- African American & Caucasian baby dolls (all plastic)
- Shopkins, My Little Pony, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pocket figures
- Disney princess figures
- Small action figures (Batman, Spiderman, Ninja Turtles, Rescue Bots, Paw Patrol, etc.)
- Hot Wheels cars
- Squish mallows
- NEW stuffed animals, pillow pets & fleece blankets
- Board games
- Small Play-Doh sets & Play-Doh containers
- 8 & 24 pack Crayons
- Markers (Washable) & window markers
- Washable paints
- White paper drawing pads/sketchbooks
For any questions, please contact Scott Walthour at email@example.com.